Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My mom has spent the last couple of nights reading over all of her student's science fair project ideas. I have an interesting topic that I think would win grand prize: is there a correlation between how hard you worked at school to how hard you will work out at the gym.


My hypothesis: If a teacher has a hard day at school, then there will be an increase in the amount of calories she will burn when you keep food and time constant.


I might not win grand prize (unless there are only teachers for judges), but I think that I would find a lot of teachers who agree with me. I had one of those hard days, not awful, just hard. As I began to run on the treadmill, I realized I had a lot more stress energy to burn than normal. For the first time in a long time I ran for 9 minutes. When you are me, thats a huge accomplishment. I normally do not make it over 4! (I think that Glee helped me towards my goal!)


But when I was done, how my mood improved! That gives me an idea. I could do a second study on how exercising can improve the mood of teachers :)


My principal gave all the new teachers a word of advice, or insight, at new teacher in service: Take care of yourself outside of work. That advice did not make much sense till today. Today I realized that the stress of life itself can simply be removed by one quick prayer and a good, hard workout. Thank you Lord for treadmills!  

No comments:

Post a Comment